Makeesha facilitates monthly life enrichment workshops to homeless women and their families being housed at Community Connections of Jacksonville, Inc. These workshops are designed to equip each participant with the skills and resources necessary to attain self-sufficiency. Facilitation of these monthly life enrichment workshops occur by way of seminars, counseling sessions, events, and one-on-one ongoing support.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Knowing God’s Purpose for Your Life
- Budgeting 101: How to Establish and Live on A Budget, Saving Money, Retirement Planning (i.e. 401(k)), Life Insurance, College Planning, Understanding Company Benefits, etc.
- Education Basics: Getting Your High School Diploma/GED, Continuing Your Education, Pursuing A Higher Degree
- Workforce Readiness: The 4 P’s – Preparation, Poise, Passion and Performance
- Skills Training: Time Management, Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite applications), Business Communications, etc.
- Group Fitness and Cooking Classes
Having experienced and overcoming homelessness herself, Makeesha is a real-life testament to what having a strong faith in God through Christ coupled with perseverance and a commitment to education can do for you. She uses her story to minister to the lives of homeless persons in a way that transforms their lives for the better, both spiritually and in the natural.